• The Great Heritage Family Bake-Off - Entry Form
• The Great Heritage Family Bake Off - Tips for Entrants
• The Great Heritage Family Bake-Off - Example Heritage Recipes
• The Great Heritage Family Bake-Off - Poster
When: Saturday 4th May, 12 – 4 pm at The Institute, Macclesfield
Share the joy of cooking and tasting heritage recipes. Children are invited to team with a parent or grandparent to bake a cake, slice, biscuits or pastries, or make preserves.
Co-Organisers: Macclesfield History Group and heritage cookbooks author LIZ HARFULL.
• Use a favourite family recipe, or one from below.
• Separate classes for 5-10 and 11-15 yrs.
• Country show competition rules apply. $1 per entry. Prizes to be won.
• Watch the judging and sample the entries at Afternoon Tea ($5, but competitors Free).
After creating your culinary delight, take it to the Institute by 12pm midday, Saturday 4th May. We will be open for you from 9am till 12pm.
Enter the Bake-Off by picking up an entry form
• From the Macclesfield Post Office or Shop/Cafe, or
• By downloading the form as a pdf from HERE, then printing.
Then you need to fill in the form, and by Tuesday, April 30th, 5pm
• Pass it in to the Post Office or Shop/Cafe, or
• Post it to Macclesfield History Group, c/o PO Box 549, Macclesfield 5153, or
• Email it to email@example.com
An image of the Entry Form is shown below.
Here are some links to online stories featuring suitable recipes for the Bake-Off. You may, of course, choose your own recipes.
Three heritage cake recipes to inspire from Liz Harfull's The Australian Blue Ribbon Cookbook - marble cake, jelly cakes and sponge jam roll.
Classic custard tart from prize-winning New South Wales CWA cook, Merle Parish
Another classic CWA recipe - tomato relish
Old-fashioned Pineapple Jam
Blue ribbon winning Pineapple Jam from The Australian Blue Ribbon Cookbook: Stories, recipes and secret tips from prize-winning show cooks, Liz Harfull 2014.
A Mandarin Marmalade recipe from the 1930s, best made with new season's mandarins, from Liz Harfull's latest book, Tried Tested and True